Its an Email client, Calendering, Task and Contact Management. Allows access to Email accounts via POP or IMAP. It also supports GMail accounts, Unix mailbox and Newsgroup account access. A really great application to work with.
Some of the must have add-ons for my Thunderbird 2:
- Contacts Sidebar 0.7 - Allows me to forward VCards and access via F4 the addresses, copy and paste info of the VCard into email.
- Lightning 0.9 - The calendar and task Manager
- FG Printers 0.4.4 - Format printing if the calendars
- VCS Support 0.6.3.1 - Allows me to import/export VCS calendars
- Automatic Export 0.3.0 - Allows automatic backup of the calendars
Other optional add-on:
- Provider for Google Calendar
- Bidi Mail UI