- Java development Kit (JDK)
- Android SDK Tools. Alternatively, the Android Studio can be installed which comes with all the required SDK.
Note: this install at C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio
Step 4:Start Android Studio, start a new project and click
Tools-> Android-> SDK Manager.
It should recommend to install several basic packages to compile using the latest SDK (or Android). If you intend to compile for the Android 3.0 API, then check the box for "Android 3.0 (API 11)".
Click on the "Install ... packages..." button. Click on the accept license, then "Install".
- If your PC have the Intel Virtualization Technology feature, install Intel HAXM (see link) to speed up the Android Emulator.
- Update the Android Studio (see My past post).
- Access the Android command line with ADB (see Debug Android App in Android Studio)
Post install notes:
As a minimum when setting up the Android SDK, download the latest tools and Android platform: