- It is a long term support (LTS) which means, patches will be maintained till 2023.
- Installation of Linux Mint have better hardware detection and supports modern BIOS installation to utilise password at BIOS.
- Include a movie player that utilises hardware optimisation.
- Its Linux desktop environment called Cinnamon, is light weight enough for many lower spec computer. Computers with lower speed hard disk have always suffered in a windows environment, Cinnamon greatly improves any windows experience.
- Higher level of security for those who are paranoid about PC security.
- Improved table indexing features. Such as rebuild index table without blocking writes to an index, and this reduces down time.
- Partitioning of tables to improved queries from a limited set of data.
- JSON document query support.
- Just-in-time compilation to process large data (data warehouse) more efficiently.
- Add Postgresql repository
- Update existing system
- Install Postgresql 12 server. This includes the server (postgresql-12) and client (postgresql-client-12) application.
wget --quiet -O - http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ACCC4CF8.asc | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
- The database will be stored at /var/lib/postgresql/12/main
- Logging information at /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-12-main.log
Accessing the server
Display server version (the Uppercase is a matter of good practice)
List database schema
Switch database schema
Describe a table
Get the last command
Show history of commands
Help with a command
Exit Postgresql client