Monday, January 7, 2008

The start of 2008

This being the very first posting, I would like to say Happy New Year and welcome 2008! A warm welcome to all, this includes to all of my students.

One of the first Linux system (for 2008) I am downloading is the Linux CentOS 5.1 with 6 CDROMs and the additional 1 CDROM for net installation. This Linux is as close you can get to Red Hat Enterprise Linux quality. Managed to setup the network installation for all 24 PCs. This is needed as they are reinstalled almost 3 to 4 times a month. I will definitely write more on this in another posting.

The OpenOffice.org 2.3.1 on Linux CentOS 5 was giving trouble in one of the other Introductory OpenOffice.org classes. Yes, I do give trainings in OpenOffice.org but missed that last session. Will have to look into it. There are tons of guide on OpenOffice.org on the web and I wont replicate it here unless I find something really worth mentioning.

No comments:

Blog Archive