STEP 1: Download OOo 2.4 from http://www.openoffice.org
note: The are different downloads for CentOS (RPM) and Ubuntu (DEB) distros.
STEP 2: Uninstall OOo 2.3.1 (from openoffice.org website)
- Change to the OOo install folder and run setup
- When OOo Installation screen opens, select to uninstall OOo complete.
STEP 3: Install OOo 2.4
- Change to the Desktop or wherever you downloaded the OOo 2.4
- Extract the OOo 2.4 by right click as choose "Extract here" or type
tar -xzvf OOo_2.4.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US_deb.tar.gz
- Open a terminal and enter into the extracted directory (mine was called OOH680_m12_native_packed-1_en-US.9286)
- Run the setup programme at a terminal
- in Ubuntu
- in CentOS
- Follow the installation instructions and when you are done, better re-login.
At first glance;
- It looks just like OOo 2.3.1
- Screen refresh rates are much better than OOo 2.3.1
- I have done a training session using OOo 2.3.1 materials and all works fine
- I have tried with some prev templates and all seems good. The templates include;
- In Impress (on CentOS), I used the wizard to create and save a new presentation. Closed the presentation, then reopen with the slide names all reset to slide1, slide 2, slide 3. Arrgh where did all the slide names go to? I could not repeat this event so didnt file a bug.