The MF110 features
Network: HSUPA/HSDPA/UMTS 2100 MHz,EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
Data transmission speeds: 7.2Mbps DL 5.76Mbps UL
Weight: 21.5 gramme
Application: Join Air with SMS service, Data service, Applications management, Data concurrent. This allowed me to add other service providers (yet to be tested) with the same modem.
Installation on Linux KUbuntu 9.10
- Install wvdial from KPackageKit
- Plug the MF110 into the USB slot. Mount the MF110 and enter the directory "Linux"
- Extract "PCL_ZTEDCV.tar.gz" to your HOME directory.
- Open a terminal and type "sudo ./install.sh"
- Launch the application "Join Air" from the KMenu
- In Join Air, at the Internet menu (A globe icon), click "Connect". Minimise this window but do not close as its needed to maintain Internet connection.
- It connects directly with initial IP 121.121.X.X and tries to open the web page mylaunchpad.com.my
Dial number: *99#
APN: static: maxisbb
Connection has been pretty much inconsistent. Its fast at times, then no connection, then have to keep reloading the page. I like its thumbdrive size and the blinking lights. The Join Air application is also easy to read and use.