CPU: i3 ...
Linux kernel 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64
Mozilla Firefox 10.0.5
Add RPMFORGE software repository (libary of software)
(download the rpm)
Login as root at the terminal and first few software to be installed (type this out):
yum groupinstall "Desktop" "Desktop Platform" "X Window System" "Fonts"
yum install madwifi
yum install flash-plugin
yum install vlc
yum install libreoffice
(total 25 package, 103Mb download)
yum install libreoffice-ogltrans
Notes: wifi can only be configured easily when linux is in graphical screen/desktop.
Prepare to build from source
yum install cabextract rpm-build
- The touchpad (black square at center of laptop that helps to move the mouse) is having a soft LEFT and RIGHT button (not working correctly)
- To drag windows, press bottom half of the Touchpad until a click is felt. Then drag without leave finger from the Touchpad.
- To RIGHT click in window, you need to press bottom half then do a second click without lifting the first finger.
- Install from (HP) or better still to use a mouse pointer.
- Default "Totem Music Player" doesn't support MP3. Need to install gstreamer-plugins-ugly
- Runinng "Cheese" I can adjust to higher resolutions but its frames per seconds is very little. This causes the video to seem very poor quality.