Sunday, March 1, 2009

MYSQL GUI Tools for Linux

I was looking for tools to administer MySQL 5 server and noticed today the http://www.sun.com is not available. Cant figure out why so I didnt get a chance to test the MySQL Workbench.

I am trying this on a Kubuntu 7.10 with kernel 2.6.27-11 and the database as MySQL 5.0.67.

KMySQLAdmin
This is a pretty simple tool to use. It connects well.

Installation:
Install from synaptics or at the command line type
sudo apt-get install kmysqladmin

At the command line type kmysqladmin

mysql-admin
This comes with the MySQL database and is simple to use.

Installation:
Install from synaptics or at the command line type
sudo apt-get install mysql-admin

This will provide two applications.
  1. MySQL Administrator
  2. MySQL Query
To run, choose the KMenu ->Application ->Development ->MySQL Administrator


This really is really useful to manage MySQL servers.

2 comments:

Irwan said...

I can access Sun website without any problem. Nevertheless, I'm not using Streamyx.

Tboxmy said...

I wasnt on streamyx either. Can't say what happened that time.

Blog Archive